The Exhibition Park is one of the biggest projects built in Europe over the last several years.
It includes 8 pavilions of about 349.9 sq.ft each, a parking for 20,000 cars and 1780 sq.ft. of outdoor space, offices, 80 conference rooms, 20 restaurants and 25 bars. The symbol of the project is the big canopy, made of glass and mirror stainless steel, named “Veil”. The flow of this veil refers to natural landscape such as “craters”, “waves”, “dunes” and “hills”.
It’s an imposing structure occupying a gross ground area of 5704.87 sq.ft. out of a global surface of 21527820.83 sq.ft., erected on the reclaimed area where formerly stood an Agip refinery in Rho-Pero. The entire project is self-financed and implemented on the general contractor model. The architectural design for the exhibition area was by Massimiliano Fuksas, an internationally acclaimed expert in urban issues affecting large metropolitan areas. The General Contractor was the consortium comprising Astaldi, Pizzarotti & C, Vianini Lavori.
The project won the “Uni Global Award” and the “International Architecture Award”.